The idea being to lower the levels before expected floods, to provide an overflow. The old postcards below show the gardens through the years.
The first is probably the s, the second is the flood of , and the third is quite a bit later. This image is from Francis Frith and is dated - a horse and cart is by the pond - presumably so the horse can have a drink.
Duck crossing - Wikipedia
This shows the area before the gardens were laid out - Soon after being first planted [Grange Photographic Society]. Looking over the Ornamental Gardens from Station Road. Part of the deal of the conveyance was that the Grange Urban District Council had to fence the gardens adequately. Note the lack of paths, just the main one along the old promenade and one to the 'Pump' Pickelfoot Spring.
- Man in bushes 'masturbated by duck pond' as women had picnic in Greenhead Park - Examiner Live;
- Conservation Biology: Foundations, Concepts, Applications.
- Diary Of A Perverted Couple;
The Hut used to be a lot more ornamental than it is now. Thatched roof, Swiss hut style wooden walls, fancy bits at the top.
What a shame it's all gone. A couple of early colour pictures.
The one on the left being a ' magic lantern ' slide. Powered by Create your own unique website with customizable templates.
While ducks are generally aware of their surroundings and possible dangers, they are not immune to accidents. The increasing number of fatalities on roads led to concern within many local towns and communities.
- The Naked Window: Exposed/Revelations;
- Karina Has Down Syndrome: One Familys Account of the Early Years with a Child who has Special Needs.
- Beach Colors: A Novel?
- Reliability Physics and Engineering: Time-To-Failure Modeling;
- So You Want to Be a Strategic Leader : Here are the Essentials to get you Started.
- Successful Family Relationships: 10 Simple Strategies For Improving Family Relationships.
Aside from specific man made crossings, a duck crossing may also refer to a wider area used as a route ducks often take to cross roads. These are marked off by "duck crossing signs" similarly to other caution oriented road markings school zones, blind corners, etc.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. This article does not cite any sources. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed.